This wonderfully flavourful side dish will not only provide a little zip to your week, it's sure to become a family favourite!
Creamy mashed potatoes are mixed with sour cream, butter, niblets corn, cilantro, warm chicken stock, and then finished with the zesty goodness of Kraft Mexican blend cheese. The perfect go to side for a little extraordinary on an ordinary day!
I hope you enjoy...
Cheesy Mexican Mashed Potatoes
For printable recipe click HERE
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 can niblets corn (warmed)
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 1-2 Tbsp warm chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup shredded Kraft Mexican Cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender
- Drain and mash the potatoes in the pot on a low element until there are no lumps and add in the butter, sour cream, and warm chicken soup stock.
- Add the warm niblets corn and the shredded cheese.Stir until potatoes are smooth and the cheese is melted.
- Add the cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.