Truth be told, I didn't have super high expectations, but because most of the other WW recipes I've tried over the years have been good, I decided to give it a try last night.
Talk about easy and tasty!
My husband and I both loved this and agree it will now be a part of our repertoire for busy weeknight dinners.
Give it a go as is. It seems simple but it really doesn't need anything else.
And don't skip the cheese - I garnished with fresh grated asiago, but parm would also be great.
I hope you enjoy...
Tortellini en Brodo
For printable recipe click HERE
- 1 32 oz carton low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (2 1/2 inch strips lemon zest)
- 1 9 oz package refrigerated three-cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups frozen baby peas
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp grate parmesan or asiago cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley
- Bring broth and lemon zest to boil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir in tortellini, cover, and return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes.
- Stir in peas and pepper; simmer uncovered until tortellini is tender and peas are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Discard lemon zest. Serve sprinkled with cheese and parsley.